Trevil Rail Road Company records 1795-1932

Summary Information

Gwent Archives
Trevil Rail Road Company Records
1.0 not recorded
General Physical Description note
(Information to be supplied)

Return to Table of Contents »

Biographical/Historical note

The Trevil Rail Road was constructed in 1793 to carry limestone from the Trefil Quarries to the ironworks at Beaufort and Ebbw Vale. The quarries continued to supply the Ebbw Vale works throughout the 19th and 20th centuries. In 1908, the rail road was converted into a narrow-gauge railway.

Return to Table of Contents »

Scope and Contents note

Records of Trevil Rail Road Company, 1795-1910; deeds and related records relating to land in Brecknockshire, Radnorshire and Kent, 1877-1932.

Return to Table of Contents »

Arrangement note

Arranged into the following: Trevil Rail Road Company; County of Brecon; County of Radnor; County of Kent.

Return to Table of Contents »

Administrative Information

Publication Information

 Gwent Archives

Conditions Governing Access note

Usual conditions apply

Conditions Governing Use note

Usual copyright regulations apply.

Accruals note

Accruals are not expected

Immediate Source of Acquisition note

Deposited by the Monmouth District Council Museums Service (Abergavenny).

Appraisal note

All records deposited at Gwent Record Office have been retained.

Return to Table of Contents »

Controlled Access Headings

Corporate Name(s)


  • Estate administration--England--Kent; Estate administration--Wales--Breconshire; Railways--Wales--Trefil; Trevil Rail Road Company--Archives;

Return to Table of Contents »

Other Finding Aids note

Hard copies of the catalogue are available in Gwent Record Office and the National Register of Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »