Summary Information

Gwent Archives
Church Road (formerly Barnardtown) Boys' School, Newport
C. 1900
0.001 Cubic Metres
General Physical Description note
Photocopy of original photograph.

Return to Table of Contents »

Biographical/Historical note

Barnardtown Boys School was built in around 1880, following the Education Act of 1880, which stipulated that a school place should be provided for all children aged between 5 and 10. In 1939 the school was re-named Church Road Boys' School and in 1949 it became Church Road Secondary Boys' School.

Return to Table of Contents »

Scope and Contents note

C. 1900

Photograph of Standard 1V of Church Road Boys' School, in front of the school.

Return to Table of Contents »

Administrative Information

Publication Information

 Gwent Archives

Conditions Governing Access note

There are no restrictions on access.


Normal ccopyright regulations apply.

Appraisal note

All records have been retained.

Return to Table of Contents »

Related Materials

Related Archival Materials note

The following are held at Gwent Archives:

Logbooks for Church Road School for Boys, 1886-1939, ref. GEM124/1-3;

A log book for Barnardtown School for Boys (fomerly Church Road School for Boys), 1939-1960, ref. GED24/2.

Return to Table of Contents »

Other Finding Aids note

Hard copies of finding aids are available at Gwent Archives.

Return to Table of Contents »